The Windham Club is taking the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. Guided by the recommendations of the CDC and the State of Connecticut, we have been making numerous changes to our golf operations to assist in providing the safest experience as possible for our guests and staff.
While understanding the real threat of the current conditions we are also trying to provide some level of physical activity and limited social interaction. Establishing this balance during a very fluid situation will be challenging, however, we are working to implement processes and practices to meet this dual objective. In an abundance of caution, we are implementing the following practices below:
· We will be mandating that tee times be made by phone or using the online booking portal.
· Book and prepay your desired tee time on our online tee time booking engine
· Passholders (Infinity, 7-day and 5-day Horizon,
Advantage Card) need to call the golf shop to make their tee times
· Carts will be available on a first come first serve basis
· Walk-up play will not be allowed in order to follow the CDC’s guidelines on gatherings and social distancing and allowing our team to space out golfers appropriately on the course and around the clubhouse.
· No Cash transactions will be accepted, credit card only by phone upon arrival
· We ask all golfers call the proshop to check-in upon arrival (860-456-1971)
· Please do not gather in small groups while on or off the golf course
· In order to remove contact points, all bunker rakes and ball washers have been removed
· We ask that golfers DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAGSTICK. It is best to limit physical contact with shared surface.
· The cups will be raised to eliminate the need to reach inside
We are happy to announce that all tee times booked online will be paid for at time of booking. This will allow you to check-in with the starter and tee off while continuously maintaining the CDC recommended 6 foot distance from our staff and other guests.
As such, all tee times booked online must be paid for at time of booking. As we work through this technological transition you may not see the correct rate after you’ve logged into the booking engine. If so, please call the golf shop directly to book your play and pay via phone with a credit card. Our rates have been simplified to walking only (sorry, additional discounts, gift cards, and rain checks will not be accepted online at this time). For those who cannot walk, carts are available for a fee and are single rider only.
This is only temporary as we understand the real threat of the current conditions while also trying to provide some level of physical activity. Establishing this balance during a very fluid situation will be challenging, and if for any reason you cannot make your tee time please email us at email@example.com with the name, date and time of reservation.
In an effort to protect the health and safety of our employees and guests, we are following Social Distancing Standards recommended by the Center for Disease Control. These standards will be strictly enforced without exception. We appreciate your patience and understanding as our employees diligently work to provide a safe environment for everyone.
Voted “Best Golf Course” in the area in 2014, 2015, and 2019 by the Chronicle’s readership. In 2015, our Windham course received redesigns to our 3rd, 11th and 17th holes and the opening of our short-game practice facility.
After more than 80 years as an exclusive private enclave, the Windham Club is now a fully public facility — Your Public Country Club.
We combine a classic championship golf course with the best in indoor-outdoor dining and events of every kind. Join us for the year with a season pass. Play for a day. Or come in for delicious bite to eat. Any way you play it, the Windham Club offers everyone a unique, multi-faceted public playground. Explore today!
Played a round of golf and I must say, great course! Food was tremendous, staff was very nice and helpful. Great place overall.Richie